On the Cover!
The Vibe’s “MARCH Music Madness” cover at Rockpile Amphitheater, Heisler Park, showcases six Laguna musicians who all share the same love for performing in Laguna.
On the cover, pictured left to right, corresponds to the numbers below.
1. “I Do A Lot. Call Me”, are the words of Steve Maggiora. Whether he’s full throttle with his band Robert Jon and the Wreck, scaled back with his own trio at Marine Room and Skyloft, or solo on the keys in the Durban Room at Mozambique, his versatility abounds.
2. Morgan Mallory is not only a trendsetter but a multi-faceted musician with a wicked set of pipes! Check out his pop album “Manifesto” online and see him live at The Ranch, Marine Room, Hotel Laguna or Skyloft.
3. 2.5 years ago, fresh from American Idol, Andrew Bloom splashed onto the Laguna scene with guitar licks and enthusiasm. Since then he’s earned his permanent Thursday night gig at Mozambique; one Saturday a month at Skyloft; Sundays at Tommy Bahamas, and he’s only in his teens!
4. Sabrina Lentini survived “Hollywood Week” on American Idol, being the youngest contestant to finish in the Top 48. She’s released two EP’s in her budding career and is constantly honing her songwriting skills. Catch Sabrina at the Art Hotel on First Thursdays Art Walk, Sawdust Festival and The Cliff Restaurant.
5. Singer/Songwriter, Zach Churchill, performs acoustic sets at the Marine Room and Saturdays at The Ranch from 3pm-6pm. He moonlights weekdays as on-air host from noon-5pm at KX 93.5 FM. Zach is working on a debut full-length album and is excited for his lead single “Hover” to be released this Spring.
6. Lauren Black’s lyrics delve deep as she sings like a songbird. She writes from the heart and her mix of indie/folk/pop and country will draw you into her world at the Casa Del Camino on Sunday afternoons.
Let live music feed your soul!