Laguna Beach Entertainment & Events Calendar Guide: August 2017 LAGUNA BEACH ENTERTAINMENT & EVENTS GUIDE: AUGUST 2017 ONGOING EVENTS Festival of Arts: July 5-August 31. Daily 10am-11:30pm. 1-800-487-3378. LOCALS FREE WITH ID. Sawdust Art Festival: June 30-Sept. 3. Daily 10am-10pm. (949) 494-3030. SawdustArtFestival.org. LOCALS FREE Fri. July 7 & Fri. Aug. 4, Fri. Sept. 1 and Thursdays after 5pm. Art Classes every Friday and Saturday at 10am […]
Arts + Entertainment
Arts + Entertainment
First Thursdays Art Walk — Aug 3 Next Art Walk: August 3rd Citywide Trolley! (take out 6pm-9pm) City Hall: CAP Encore! Artist Yuri Kuznetsov beside “Herd” [seven-degrees] (l-r) Sallie-Anne Swift, Renee Bangerter “It Takes Two–Waterbirds & 3D Oceans” Laguna Presbyterian Church: Artist Richard Olshausen Miche McClendon Jewelry: Miche McClendon KelseyMichaels Fine Art: Gallerist Michael Irvin presents “Unfolding […]
BY SERVET HASAN August 2017 ARIES (March 21 – April 19) Matters of the family may have you ramming your head against a wall, but also know that they will be willing to go to any length to help you through when the time comes, including financially. TAURUS (April 20 – May 20) Being flexible is not […]
What began as a grassroots sport on the shores of Laguna has evolved into Victoria Skimboards. Founded by Tex Haines and Peter Prietto in 1976, the company instituted an annual Championship of Skimboarding, aka The VIC. The “40+” VIC is set for August 19 & 20 at Aliso Beach State Park. The best men and […]
Our Laguna Beach Vibe Sunshine Girl is Blossom Candelaria, a wife and mom who runs “Toddler Time” daycare from home where kids do crafting, gardening and dance to their heart’s content! Blossom’s idea of a perfect summer day is surfing with her son at Thalia St. or Brooks St. beach, tide pool adventures at […]
Stay up to date!
1. Chapman University band Ginger Root plays the second to last Sunset Serenade of the summer at 5:30pm this afternoon at Heisler Park's Rockpile Amphitheater.
2. The Laguna Beach High School varsity football team has a home non-conference game vs. St. Margaret's (San Juan Capistrano) today at 7pm. If you can’t make it out to support the Breakers, catch the game’s radio broadcast live on www.KX 93.5.com.
3. The English Beat is playing a private (sold-out we’re told) show this evening at The Ranch at Laguna Beach. What’s the occasion? It’s the 4th Annual Night at the Ranch benefiting Boys & Girls Club of Laguna Beach. For more information, please visit www.BGCLagunaBeach.org.
4. SCHOOL BOY CRUSH plays out the outdoor fireplace pit at The Cliff Restaurant from 7-10pm.
5. Local singer Tricia Freeman plays the OceanView Lounge inside of the Hotel Laguna from 8-11pm.
6. StoneJonez appears on stage at Mozambique starting at 9pm.
7. Also at 9pm this evening, The Higgs — a four-piece Cosmic California Rock band from Orange — plays the Marine Room.
8. Royal Jely rolls into town for a 9pm show at The Sandpiper Lounge.
9. After 10pm, enjoy house and electronic-style beats a Brussels Bistro (Official).
Local singer/songwriter Jason Feddy sings "The Police Blotter" (Volumes 1 & 2) starting at 5:30pm as part of the City of Laguna Beach’s Sunset Serenades at Heisler Park's Rockpile Amphitheater.
High School football is back in season starting at 7pm this evening as the hometown Laguna Beach High School Breakers take the field for a game against Orange. Arrive before 6pm and get in for free. Kickoff is scheduled for 7p, and if you can’t make it in person, tune in to the radio broadcast on KX 93.5.
Catch The Budrows (swamp rock) from 7-10pm at The Cliff Restaurant.
John Troy checks in to play the OceanView Lounge at The Hotel Laguna from 8-11pm.
Mozambique welcomes James Clay Garrison and "The Giant Peach" for a 9pm show.
Get to know The Strangers Band at Marine Room, also starting at 9pm.
Party Foul Band plays The Sandpiper Lounge from 9pm or so until close.
Go down under (under Forest Ave., that is) starting at 10pm with house and electro beats at Brussels Bistro (Official).
The Cliff Restaurant hosts Skeleton Crew (Dead Heads will love these sets) from 7-10pm.
Local singer and songwriter Jason Feddy plays the Hotel Laguna's OceanView Lounge from 8-11pm.
West Coast Strayz are expected to rock out at the Marine Room starting at 9pm.
Skyloft has local musician Andrew Bloom at 9pm.
Also at 9pm or so, Flock Of 80s plays The Sandpiper Lounge.
End your Saturday evening at Brussels Bistro (Official). Euro-Electro Beats are what’s on tap starting at 10pm.