Laguna Beach Vibe is a free monthly publication that's available in over 100 locations throughout Laguna Beach, California. We provide a comprehensive daily entertainment and events calendar for all that Laguna Beach has to offer. Everything from "Quick Bites," "Happy Hours” and regularly featured spotlights on local artists, restaurants, events and businesses are included in each issue. Each issue also includes a beach and street map, ocean hotline, and horoscopes.
FRIDAY’S ENTERTAINMENT RUNDOWN — 9 options for your Friday night, including:
1. Chapman University band Ginger Root plays the second to last Sunset Serenade of the summer at 5:30pm this afternoon at Heisler Park's Rockpile Amphitheater.
2. The Laguna Beach High School varsity football team has a home non-conference game vs. St. Margaret's (San Juan Capistrano) today at 7pm. If you can’t make it out to support the Breakers, catch the game’s radio broadcast live on www.KX 93.5.com.
3. The English Beat is playing a private (sold-out we’re told) show this evening at The Ranch at Laguna Beach. What’s the occasion? It’s the 4th Annual Night at the Ranch benefiting Boys & Girls Club of Laguna Beach. For more information, please visit www.BGCLagunaBeach.org.
4. SCHOOL BOY CRUSH plays out the outdoor fireplace pit at The Cliff Restaurant from 7-10pm.
5. Local singer Tricia Freeman plays the OceanView Lounge inside of the Hotel Laguna from 8-11pm.
6. StoneJonez appears on stage at Mozambique starting at 9pm.
7. Also at 9pm this evening, The Higgs — a four-piece Cosmic California Rock band from Orange — plays the Marine Room.
8. Royal Jely rolls into town for a 9pm show at The Sandpiper Lounge.
9. After 10pm, enjoy house and electronic-style beats a Brussels Bistro (Official).
FREE - UNTIL 6PM TODAY: It's Community Appreciation Day at Health In Balance Integrative Medicine (330 Park Ave., Suite No. 3). That means free chiropractic adjustments, therapy massages, and B-12 shots, along with 50% off of other services and treatments. And best of all, while walk-ins are welcome, you can call ahead to reserve a spot: (949) 497-2553. Check out Laguna Beach Vibe's photo from earlier in the day, and if you do stop by, be sure to thank the hard working practitioners who are making this possible.
BREAKFAST ALL DAY? You'll find it at 981 S. Coast Hwy., which is home to one of Laguna's oldest family-run businesses — the Penguin Cafe. And with the Penguin's new mid-week hours (they're now open for dinner on Wednesday and Thursday evenings), you can eat breakfast while your dining mate eats burgers. The Penguin uses only the freshest ingredients, including premium Boar's Head products, 100% grass fed beef, with most of the menu prepared from scratch using family recipes. If you're looking for a great local eatery that prides itself on friendly service and the ability to accomodate most special diets, then head on over to the Penguin.
JAM-PACKED FRIDAY: From Friday Night Football to a sunset serenade at Heisler Park, there’s truly something for everyone to do tonight in Laguna Beach, including:
Local singer/songwriter Jason Feddy sings "The Police Blotter" (Volumes 1 & 2) starting at 5:30pm as part of the City of Laguna Beach’s Sunset Serenades at Heisler Park's Rockpile Amphitheater.
High School football is back in season starting at 7pm this evening as the hometown Laguna Beach High School Breakers take the field for a game against Orange. Arrive before 6pm and get in for free. Kickoff is scheduled for 7p, and if you can’t make it in person, tune in to the radio broadcast on KX 93.5.
Catch The Budrows (swamp rock) from 7-10pm at The Cliff Restaurant.
John Troy checks in to play the OceanView Lounge at The Hotel Laguna from 8-11pm.
Mozambique welcomes James Clay Garrison and "The Giant Peach" for a 9pm show.
Get to know The Strangers Band at Marine Room, also starting at 9pm.
Party Foul Band plays The Sandpiper Lounge from 9pm or so until close.
Go down under (under Forest Ave., that is) starting at 10pm with house and electro beats at Brussels Bistro (Official).
WEDNESDAY SPOTLIGHT - FREE MUSIC LESSON?: We spend a lot of time here at Laguna Beach Vibe covering the Entertainment beat and venues that host live musical acts. But rarely do we take a moment to consider how all the musicians and song writers we feature got to be so good at their craft. Sure, hours of practice and a love for their hobby, are part of puzzle. But where did they start? Chances are, like the millions of kids across the country who take music lessons, many of our featured musicians took lessons, also. It's with that simple thought in mind that we're pleased to shine this week's Wednesday Spotlight on GreenTree Music Academy — a Laguna Beach business offering in-home music lessons for children and adults. From orchestral instruments, drums and guitar, to piano, bass, and even voice lessons, GreenTree's 10 music teachers have the passion and patience to work with all comers. And if you're not sure if music lessons are right for you or your child, your first 30-minute lesson with a GreenTree teacher is FREE. Give Sidney over at GreenTree a call to ask about setting up a free lesson: (949) 257-9165. Who knows... maybe we'll be writing about you someday!