Laguna Beach Vibe is a free monthly publication that's available in over 100 locations throughout Laguna Beach, California. We provide a comprehensive daily entertainment and events calendar for all that Laguna Beach has to offer. Everything from "Quick Bites," "Happy Hours” and regularly featured spotlights on local artists, restaurants, events and businesses are included in each issue. Each issue also includes a beach and street map, ocean hotline, and horoscopes.
CHERS FOR BEERS: Try this on for size... beers with notes of fresh coriander, fruity tones, and flavors associated with toffee, aniseed and liquorice. Now, what if we told that if you're of legal drinking age, you can experience all these tastebud tantalizers for free right here in Laguna? SAVE THE DATE: This Thurs. evening, 'Cheers for Beers' is back! Join the crew from Brussels Bistro (Official), along with certified Cierone — that's the beer equivalent of a sommelier — Dan Downes (he works for beer-maker Duvel) as they offer free samples of three Belgian beers — La Chouffe, Mc Chouffe, and Houblon. Everything gets started at 6pm at 222 Forest Ave., and if you arrive early, you just may receive a complimentary signature beer glass like the one pictured here:
IT’S A TOP 10 SUNDAY IN LAGUNA BEACH: From the editorial staff at Laguna Beach Vibe — Sunday’s Top 10 entertainment options:
Option No. 10: The Laguna Art Museum hosts a free Family Art Studio — complete with hands-on art making sessions — from 2-4pm.
Option No. 9: At 9pm this evening, head over to The Sandpiper Lounge to get hot with cover band extraordinaire The Heat.
Option No. 8: If you’re looking for something to do earlier in the day, The Ranch at Laguna Beach hosts Shawn Jones (American Blues/Roots/Rock music) on its Harvest Patio until 2:30pm.
Option No. 7: County music is what’s on tap in the No. 6 slot, which you can thank Skyloft for. Stop by between 6-10:30pm for a live performance by the Melissa Farrior Band — a 5-piece “Modern Country” band known for delivering high-energy sets featuring originals and familiar covers.
Option No. 6: Mozambique's Jazz Brunch features the Steve Maggiora Trio from 1-3pm (check back later — at 5pm — for Calypso tunes from Einstein).
Option No. 5: Enjoy first-generation Classic Rock at 8pm at the Marine Room — performed by the Southern California classic rock trio Really Classic.
Option No. 4: The Steve Maggiora Duo plays a second show on this Sunday — this one at the outdoor fireplace area alongside The Cliff Restaurant from 5-8pm.
Option No. 3: GG's Bistro has an easy-going option for your Sunday evening — local singers and songwriters Beth & Steve Wood from 6:30-9pm.
Option No. 2 - tie: Running until 2pm today at Tivoli Too is the The Blue Bell Foundation for Cats Meow Champagne Brunch Fundraiser. If you can’t make it, consider making a donation to the Foundation. Visit www.BlueBellCats.org for more information on this amazing resources that is located right here in Laguna Beach!
Option No. 2 - tie: The public is invited to the dedication of "Boom Boom Peal Step From Ocean Hill" by sculptor Michael Stutz at the Mountain Road beach access stairs at 3:30pm.
SAVE THE DATE & TODAY IN LAGUNA BEACH: Before we tell you about the Top 10 things to do today and tonight, we call your attention to Rock For The Cause — a March 5th event at Skyloft for the benefit of the Friendship Shelter. The evening will feature live music by Laguna Beach superband The 133 Band, with drinks and hors d'ouevres courtesey of Skyloft, and all proceeds directly helping the effort to end homelessness in our community. For more info and tickets, please visit www.FriendshipShelter.org/events
As for today in Laguna Beach, here are 10 options to consider:
1. Relax at The Ranch at Laguna Beach from 4-8 with the artist voted The Best of Laguna Beach℠ in the “Best Solo Performer" category by the readers of Laguna Beach Vibe — Zach Churchill Music.
2. Funk Shui Planet plays outdoors this evening at the fireplace alongside The Cliff Restaurant from 7-10pm.
3. Justin Abrams plays the Durban Room at Mozambique starting at 7pm.
4. FAMILY STYLE plays the first of 5 performances at Mozambique this evening from 9pm to Midnight. The band’s other shows are tentatively scheduled for April 21, June 16, August 18, and October 20.
5. The Marine Room rocks out with James Clay Garrison and "The Giant Peach" — voted The Best of Laguna Beach℠ in the “Best Local Band of 2017" category by the readers of Laguna Beach Vibe — starting at 9pm.
6. GOT THAT SWING — an OC-based band known for it’s high-octane Swing Music — plays from 9pm - Midnight this evening at Laguna Beach Brewery & Grille.
7. Undercover will cover all the hits tonight from 9pm-after midnight tat The Sandpiper Lounge.
8. Wind down your Saturday evening at the only underground spot in town for drinks, music and food — Brussels Bistro (Official) at 222 Forest Ave. Stop in after 10pm for Tech House, Deep House, Techno, and Nu Disco music.
9. If the fun and lively atmosphere at Brussels Bistro isn’t your scene, end your evening back at Mozambique with the cool vocal arrangements that’ll be on display courtesy of Francois Dean from 10:30pm - closing.
10. Save The Date (that’s the 10th thing for you to day today… save the date for the Friendship Shelter fundraiser on March 5 at @Skyloft).
FRIDAY NIGHT’S RUNDOWN: If you missed the Weekend Rundown on KX 93.5, here’s what you need to know about tonight’s entertainment options, compiled by the editorial staff of Laguna Beach Vibe:
Sabrina Lentini performs on the patio at The Ranch at Laguna Beach until 8pm this evening.
The outdoor fire pit alongside The Cliff Restaurant will be crawling with The Creepers (see Creeper Nation) from 7-10pm.
At Main Street Bar & Cabaret, sing along with Tony & Endora from 7-10pm.
One of Orange County’s best cover bands — The Trip — will play at Mozambique start at 9pm.
The Marine Room has the Slingshot Band starting at 9pm.
The Undercover Band covers the hits at The Sandpiper Lounge from 9pm-closing.
Someone named Dj Josh One spins record this evening at Skyloft starting at 9pm.
End your Friday evening at one of the best underground spots for drinks, music and food — Brussels Bistro (Official) at 222 Forest Ave. Stop by anytime after 10pm for Tech House, Deep House, Techno, and Nu Disco music.
(Image courtesy of John S. Krill. | For more of Krill's work, please visit www.LagunaBeat.com)
From last night's 'Jazz Wednesdays' event in Laguna Beach — 30 seconds or so of 2-time Grammy-nominated recording artist Denise Donatelli, accompanied by Jazz pianist, composer, and Grammy Award-winning arranger Bill Cunliffe. Special thanks to Debra Oakland for providing the footage, and to Laguna Beach Live! for sponsoring the Laguna Beach Vibe Valentine's Day ticket giveaway won by Deb and her husband Cody Oakland.
VALENTINE’S DAY DINING OPTION No. 4: Rounding out our Valentine’s Day dinning recommendations is the very red four-course menu offered by our friends at Driftwood Kitchen. From a Champagne toast, baked rolls, and three choices on the second course, to the Double R Ranch Petite Filet with Main Lobster (or the pan seared European Branzino Filet with wild mushroom risotto, sautéed broccolini, and a parmesan emulsion) and two options for desert, Driftwood’s exceptional kitchen and setting will only add to the romantic tone you're interested in creating this evening for your sweetheart or loved one. Driftwood Kitchen and its Stateroom Bar, which is located at 619 Sleepy Hollow Lane (accessible between Legion and Cleo Streets on the west side the So. Coast Highway), is open for dinner today from 5-9:30pm, and from 5-10:30pm Fri. & Sat. (weekend brunch is available from 9am-2:30pm on both Saturday and Sunday). For additional details and menus, visit www.DriftwoodKitchen.com.