Romeo Cucina Molto Deliziosa! Romeo Cucina Molto Deliziosa! BY GLORMET While Orange County dining establishments seldom succeed beyond the first two years, beautiful Romeo Cucina brought authentic Italian cuisine to Laguna Beach 27 years ago with dedicated brothers Antonio and Vincenzo continually at the helm. Originally open for dinner, happy hour immediately became a […]
BY GLORMET Forest Avenue’s Restaurant Row was blessed in 2010 with ALESSA. The infectious charm of Owner and Chef, Alessandro Pirozzi, simply adds to the success of three dining establishments rooted in family recipes from Naples, Italy. Pirozzi, a certified Italian chef, credits his grandmother, Nona Ida, for introducing him to the wonders of cooking. […]
BY GLORMET “Always fresh, always French” describes Moulin Bistro, Epicerie, Cafe, Forest Avenue’s welcome replacement to longtime Scandia bakery. Noteworthy for summer is their version of a hot dog (haute dog). Savory pork sausage encased in a crusty baguette (made in-house) immediately hollowed out on a prominent spindle to retain heat and served in a […]
Stay up to date!
Option No. 10: The Laguna Art Museum hosts a free Family Art Studio — complete with hands-on art making sessions — from 2-4pm.
Option No. 9: At 9pm this evening, head over to The Sandpiper Lounge to get hot with cover band extraordinaire The Heat.
Option No. 8: If you’re looking for something to do earlier in the day, The Ranch at Laguna Beach hosts Shawn Jones (American Blues/Roots/Rock music) on its Harvest Patio until 2:30pm.
Option No. 7: County music is what’s on tap in the No. 6 slot, which you can thank Skyloft for. Stop by between 6-10:30pm for a live performance by the Melissa Farrior Band — a 5-piece “Modern Country” band known for delivering high-energy sets featuring originals and familiar covers.
Option No. 6: Mozambique's Jazz Brunch features the Steve Maggiora Trio from 1-3pm (check back later — at 5pm — for Calypso tunes from Einstein).
Option No. 5: Enjoy first-generation Classic Rock at 8pm at the Marine Room — performed by the Southern California classic rock trio Really Classic.
Option No. 4: The Steve Maggiora Duo plays a second show on this Sunday — this one at the outdoor fireplace area alongside The Cliff Restaurant from 5-8pm.
Option No. 3: GG's Bistro has an easy-going option for your Sunday evening — local singers and songwriters Beth & Steve Wood from 6:30-9pm.
Option No. 2 - tie: Running until 2pm today at Tivoli Too is the The Blue Bell Foundation for Cats Meow Champagne Brunch Fundraiser. If you can’t make it, consider making a donation to the Foundation. Visit www.BlueBellCats.org for more information on this amazing resources that is located right here in Laguna Beach!
Option No. 2 - tie: The public is invited to the dedication of "Boom Boom Peal Step From Ocean Hill" by sculptor Michael Stutz at the Mountain Road beach access stairs at 3:30pm.
Option No. 1: Main Street Bar & Cabaret presents the first ever "Sundays & Skirts" Whisper Sister Burlesque Show & Dance Party from 1-4pm. Tickets can be found online at https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3234466.
As for today in Laguna Beach, here are 10 options to consider:
1. Relax at The Ranch at Laguna Beach from 4-8 with the artist voted The Best of Laguna Beach℠ in the “Best Solo Performer" category by the readers of Laguna Beach Vibe — Zach Churchill Music.
2. Funk Shui Planet plays outdoors this evening at the fireplace alongside The Cliff Restaurant from 7-10pm.
3. Justin Abrams plays the Durban Room at Mozambique starting at 7pm.
4. FAMILY STYLE plays the first of 5 performances at Mozambique this evening from 9pm to Midnight. The band’s other shows are tentatively scheduled for April 21, June 16, August 18, and October 20.
5. The Marine Room rocks out with James Clay Garrison and "The Giant Peach" — voted The Best of Laguna Beach℠ in the “Best Local Band of 2017" category by the readers of Laguna Beach Vibe — starting at 9pm.
6. GOT THAT SWING — an OC-based band known for it’s high-octane Swing Music — plays from 9pm - Midnight this evening at Laguna Beach Brewery & Grille.
7. Undercover will cover all the hits tonight from 9pm-after midnight tat The Sandpiper Lounge.
8. Wind down your Saturday evening at the only underground spot in town for drinks, music and food — Brussels Bistro (Official) at 222 Forest Ave. Stop in after 10pm for Tech House, Deep House, Techno, and Nu Disco music.
9. If the fun and lively atmosphere at Brussels Bistro isn’t your scene, end your evening back at Mozambique with the cool vocal arrangements that’ll be on display courtesy of Francois Dean from 10:30pm - closing.
10. Save The Date (that’s the 10th thing for you to day today… save the date for the Friendship Shelter fundraiser on March 5 at @Skyloft).
Sabrina Lentini performs on the patio at The Ranch at Laguna Beach until 8pm this evening.
The outdoor fire pit alongside The Cliff Restaurant will be crawling with The Creepers (see Creeper Nation) from 7-10pm.
At Main Street Bar & Cabaret, sing along with Tony & Endora from 7-10pm.
One of Orange County’s best cover bands — The Trip — will play at Mozambique start at 9pm.
The Marine Room has the Slingshot Band starting at 9pm.
The Undercover Band covers the hits at The Sandpiper Lounge from 9pm-closing.
Someone named Dj Josh One spins record this evening at Skyloft starting at 9pm.
End your Friday evening at one of the best underground spots for drinks, music and food — Brussels Bistro (Official) at 222 Forest Ave. Stop by anytime after 10pm for Tech House, Deep House, Techno, and Nu Disco music.
(Image courtesy of John S. Krill. | For more of Krill's work, please visit www.LagunaBeat.com)