Our Laguna Beach Vibe Sunshine Girl is Blossom Candelaria, a wife and mom who runs “Toddler Time” daycare from home where kids do crafting, gardening and dance to their heart’s content! Blossom’s idea of a perfect summer day is surfing with her son at Thalia St. or Brooks St. beach, tide pool adventures at […]
A huge crowd of well wishers attended the dedication of two new art installations above Diver’s Cove at the north end of Heisler Park. Blacksmith Artist, Casey Parlette, a full-time Laguna Beach Lifeguard and proud new father was honored with the task of creating these sculptures for a city he loves. The generous, collaborative efforts […]
BY GLORMET “Always fresh, always French” describes Moulin Bistro, Epicerie, Cafe, Forest Avenue’s welcome replacement to longtime Scandia bakery. Noteworthy for summer is their version of a hot dog (haute dog). Savory pork sausage encased in a crusty baguette (made in-house) immediately hollowed out on a prominent spindle to retain heat and served in a […]
Arts + Entertainment
Laguna Beach Entertainment & Events Guide: July 2017 LAGUNA BEACH ENTERTAINMENT & EVENTS GUIDE: JULY 2017 ONGOING EVENTS Art-A-Fair: June 30–Sept. 3., Sun-Thurs. 10am-9pm, Fri. & Sat. 10am-10pm. (949) 494-4514. Locals Free with ID. Art-A-Fair.com. Sawdust Art Festival: June 30–September 3 Daily 10am-10pm. (949) 494-3030. SawdustArtFestival.org. Locals Free: Friday, July 7 & Friday, Aug. 4 & Thursdays after 5pm. Festival of Arts: July 5-August 31. […]
OH THOSE SUMMER NIGHTS, perfect for strolling the streets and boardwalk at Main Beach inhaling the ocean air while people watching. Vibe faves are Jazz on Fridays and Sundays at Zinc Cafe, hangin’ at Brussels Bistro with a Belgian Beer, open window seating at Salerno Restaurant or a treat at Dolce Gelato on Broadway, open […]
Stay up to date!
1. Chapman University band Ginger Root plays the second to last Sunset Serenade of the summer at 5:30pm this afternoon at Heisler Park's Rockpile Amphitheater.
2. The Laguna Beach High School varsity football team has a home non-conference game vs. St. Margaret's (San Juan Capistrano) today at 7pm. If you can’t make it out to support the Breakers, catch the game’s radio broadcast live on www.KX 93.5.com.
3. The English Beat is playing a private (sold-out we’re told) show this evening at The Ranch at Laguna Beach. What’s the occasion? It’s the 4th Annual Night at the Ranch benefiting Boys & Girls Club of Laguna Beach. For more information, please visit www.BGCLagunaBeach.org.
4. SCHOOL BOY CRUSH plays out the outdoor fireplace pit at The Cliff Restaurant from 7-10pm.
5. Local singer Tricia Freeman plays the OceanView Lounge inside of the Hotel Laguna from 8-11pm.
6. StoneJonez appears on stage at Mozambique starting at 9pm.
7. Also at 9pm this evening, The Higgs — a four-piece Cosmic California Rock band from Orange — plays the Marine Room.
8. Royal Jely rolls into town for a 9pm show at The Sandpiper Lounge.
9. After 10pm, enjoy house and electronic-style beats a Brussels Bistro (Official).
Local singer/songwriter Jason Feddy sings "The Police Blotter" (Volumes 1 & 2) starting at 5:30pm as part of the City of Laguna Beach’s Sunset Serenades at Heisler Park's Rockpile Amphitheater.
High School football is back in season starting at 7pm this evening as the hometown Laguna Beach High School Breakers take the field for a game against Orange. Arrive before 6pm and get in for free. Kickoff is scheduled for 7p, and if you can’t make it in person, tune in to the radio broadcast on KX 93.5.
Catch The Budrows (swamp rock) from 7-10pm at The Cliff Restaurant.
John Troy checks in to play the OceanView Lounge at The Hotel Laguna from 8-11pm.
Mozambique welcomes James Clay Garrison and "The Giant Peach" for a 9pm show.
Get to know The Strangers Band at Marine Room, also starting at 9pm.
Party Foul Band plays The Sandpiper Lounge from 9pm or so until close.
Go down under (under Forest Ave., that is) starting at 10pm with house and electro beats at Brussels Bistro (Official).
The Cliff Restaurant hosts Skeleton Crew (Dead Heads will love these sets) from 7-10pm.
Local singer and songwriter Jason Feddy plays the Hotel Laguna's OceanView Lounge from 8-11pm.
West Coast Strayz are expected to rock out at the Marine Room starting at 9pm.
Skyloft has local musician Andrew Bloom at 9pm.
Also at 9pm or so, Flock Of 80s plays The Sandpiper Lounge.
End your Saturday evening at Brussels Bistro (Official). Euro-Electro Beats are what’s on tap starting at 10pm.